How to work from home is as important as which online business or work from home business opportunity to choose from. I hear those questions a lot, especially from work from home moms. Here is a brief sketch of how I choose which product or service to market and how to treat your home business like a business and not a hobby:
1) Choose a product or service that you are proud to represent. If you are going to invest your time and money you really need to be happy and enthusiastic about your product or service.
2) Create a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly marketing plan. Get your calendar out right now and really map it out.
- What is your day to create ads?
- What is the day that you will either hire someone to write articles for you or write them yourself?
- What holidays compliment your products? Those would be the dates to mark on your calendar to send out press releases?
3) Set time out each day to work and stick to it. When you work from home it can be very easy to loaf around in your pjs, watch tv or spend hours on the phone. Remember that this is your business treat it like one.
4) Surround yourself with supportive people. This includes the freelancers that you hire to attend to day to day tasks. It can also include people in the company that you are working with. Do they have a mentoring program? Do you enjoy speaking with their customer service department? These are people that you will be interacting with day to day.
5) Automate your business as much as possible. Have an effective but boring automated marketing system and stick to it. Yes you can incorporate new techniques but also stick with a fairly stable marketing program and budget. You want to take the emotion out of your budget and marketing program so that you can stick to them.
Develop a how to work from home plan that you can stick to. You know your habits, strengths and short comings. Use that insight when you develop your business. If you are a "big picture" person than hire others to do the day to day tasks and to keep you on track. If you love to market stick to that. If you enjoy networking then focus on that and have others do the tasks that make you want to crawl back into bed each morning. Starting and running your business is easy, keeping the momentum up is where most people fail. So pick a business that excites you, automated the day to day tasks and farm out the areas that you are either not good at or hate doing.
Caterina Christakos is a published author and entrepreneur.Looking for a product to sell that pays high commissions and has an automated marketing system in place, including a ton of co-ops? Check this out: http://www.thousanddollarprofits.com/travelandearn